Happy Birthday Wired Educator Podcast! One Year Old!
We have a fantastic line-up of interviews scheduled, but Kelly uses this episode to change-up the format for one week to celebrate a year of the podcast and to share with listeners: rules for expanding your classroom, a behind-the-scenes peek and an under-the-hood look at all of the resources Kelly uses to blog, podcast, write, and produce great content.
Kelly shares four rules to help you expand your impact as an educator without losing touch with your family, going broke, or crazy. They are good rules you may consider adopting and applying.
Kelly shares a boatload of resources to help you start or level-up your: blog, podcast, book, speaking, or online courses, and provides a little motivation on why you may want to start one of these.
Kelly shares his productivity tips for Twitter and few favorite hashtags.
Mentioned in this Podcast:
• The Best Microphone on a Teacher's Budget: The mic I use for my podcast. $58.12
• Auphonic: This is a paid service that normalizes volume, etc. & makes your podcast sound great.
• Libsyn: Where I host my podcast.
• MarsEdit: Software I use to write my blogs offline. Great tool.
• Scrivener: Best writing software on the planet for everything.
Smart Podcast Player: A podcast player for my blog that makes it look great.
• Get Noticed Wordpress Theme: The theme I use on Wired Educator
• CreateSpace: The publishing service I use to publish my book.
• Udemy: One of the ways I plan to publish online classes in 2016.
• Tweetbot: My favorite Twitter client for iPhone, iPad and Mac
• Pocket: My favorite reading client to save to read letter from Twitter & the web.
YNAB: Financial budgeting software I use.
Fiverr: Inexpensive directory of services to hire, like the voice of Chuck Fresh.
Garage Band: The greatest recording software ever! I use it to record podcasts & more.