This episode of the Wired Educator Podcast is my ADE Worldwide Institute #EveryoneCanCreate Project 2018.
I am Kelly Croy, and I have created a podcast teaching you how to podcast. I am an Apple Distinguished Educator Class of 2011.
I want to show the world that everyone can create podcasts.
I will provide you with the WHY of Podcasting and HOW to do it.
Podcasting is the most personal and intimate form of social media. It lends itself well to multi-tasking. It is essentially just growing your classroom a little bigger and gives you to make the world your classroom.
I will show you the tools you need and how to start making your first podcast today!
Mentioned in this podcast:
- The microphone you need: I use the Audio-Technica ATR2100-USB Cardioid Dynamic USB/XLR Microphone; it is only$69.
- Anchor App for iOS devices to record podcasts on your iPhone and iPad. The easiest way to make a podcast. www.anchor.fm
- Martin Coutts, a Scottish ADE's ibook: Podcasting: A Quick Guide. A free iBook on how to create a podcast with an iOS device.
- GarageBand: a free app for iOS devices and Macs to record podcasts.
- Skype: a video conferencing tool that is great for recording interviews over the internet.
- Ecamm Call Recorder App: An app that works with Skype to record Skype interviews.
- Auphonic: a web-based service that levels the sound of your podcast and boosts the volume. $5 a month
- Libsyn: The pioneer of podcasting that allows you to host your podcast for $5 a month.
- Dave Burgess Consulting Books.
- Learn Like a Pirate audio book: written by Paul Solarz and ready by Kelly Croy.
- Start. Right. Now audio book: written by Todd Whitaker, Jeffrey Zoul, and Jimmy Casas and read by Kelly Croy.
Kelly Croy is an author, speaker and educator. If you’d like to learn more about Kelly, or invite him to your school or conference to speak please send him an email.
Looking for a dynamic speaker for your school’s opening day? Consider Kelly Croy at www.KellyCroy.com