Kelly interviews Erin Murphy and Ross Cooper, the authors a great new book titled Hacking Project Based Learning: 10 Easy Steps to PBL and Inquiry in the Classroom.
Ross Cooper is the coauthor of Hacking Project Based Learning, and the Supervisor of Instructional Practice K-12 in the Salisbury Township School District (1:1 MacBook/iPad) in Allentown, Pennsylvania. He is an Apple Distinguished Educator and a Google Certified Innovator. His passions are inquiry-based learning and quality professional development.
Erin Murphy is coauthor of Hacking Project Based Learning. Currently, she has the pleasure of serving as the assistant principal of Eyer Middle School in the East Penn School District. As a certified literacy specialist, she also coordinates the middle level ELA department.
Mentioned in this podcast:
• Ross's website/blog: rosscoops31.com
• Erin's website/blog: psumurphette.com
• Erin's favorite book: Manic Magee
• Ross's favorite books: Understanding by Design by Wiggins & McTighe and UnSelfie: Why Empathetic Kids Succeed in Our All-About-Me World by Michele Borba
• The Breathe App for mindfulness.
• Inquiry Based Learning