Kelly interviews John Spencer the author of Launch: Using Design Thinking to Boost Creativity and Bring Out the Maker in Every Student.
John is the co-author of Launch with A.J. Juliani.
John Spencer is a former middle school journalism and computer-programming teacher who is now a full-time professor of instructional technology in Oregon. He is passionate about seeing students embrace creativity and design thinking. His work has been featured in Kappan Magazine, Edutopia, Slate, and The Washington Post and he had the honor of delivering a speech at the White House on the future of education. Spencer is the co-author of several education books, including Launch: Using the Design Thinking Process to Boost Creativity and Bring Out the Maker in Every Student. He is also the co-founder of two educational technology startups, Write About and Blend Education.
Mentioned in this podcast:
• John's website: http://www.spencerauthor.com
• John's most influential read: Creativity, Inc.: Overcoming the Unseen Forces that Stand in the Way of True Inspiration by Ed Catmull.
• John's Startups: Write About and Blend Education.
• Seth Godin's Linchpin
• Voxer: cool communication app for the iPhone.
• Trello: cool app to organize ideas and projects.
• Miracles by C.S. Lewis