Kelly provides the motivation, tools, resources, tips, and tricks you need to write a book and get published. Kelly has interviewed numerous educators that have been published and now he is going to show you how you can do it. Kelly provides the motivation and understanding of WHY you will want to get published and what it could mean to your lifestyle and career.
Not interested in writing a book? Kelly may just change your mind in this episode. Started a book, but haven't finished? Kelly will help you across the finish line. Already published your book? Kelly will show you how to get even more out of it and help you along with your next work.
This is an insightful episode that delivers the motivation and resources educators need to write a book and get published.
The following resources are about to save you years of guessing. Outlined below is the culmination of my intense reading, studying, and testing to become a better writer.
• On Writing by Stephen King: If you are going to read only one book on writing, this is it. King holds nothing back and tells you what you need to hear. Read it. You will want your own copy. While this is aimed at writing fiction or novels, I believe what King says in this important work is something every writer needs to hear.
• On Writing Well by William Zinsser: This is a must-read for any aspiring author who wants to write nonfiction. This is a classic and it is full of the best advice. Skip the others. This is the one you want to read.
• Do the Work, The War of Art and Turning Pro by Stephen Pressfield: Choose any of these great books to get you motivated and believing that your message needs to be heard and that you can accomplish the task. I found each of these incredibly helpful. After writing awhile your brain will begin to tell you to take a break, stop, quit, and even abandon your work. These books will arm you with the necessary defenses to these age old hurdles and career killers.
• Zen and the Art of Writing by Ray Bradbury. This is a short wrting but by one of my favorite authors. Bradbury delivers hope and encouragement in this work that every writer should hear. I hope you will give it a read. The image of writing that Bradbury conveys will stay with you as steadfast soldier guarding your dream.
• Michael Hyatt’s GET PUBLISHED Program: If you want the insight on how to get published, you will want this course. Michael Hyatt is both a successful publisher and a successful writer. Don’t guess at the world of publishing. This program will tell you everything you need and save your years of research as well as preventing you from wasting money on useless products and services. I admire Michael. This program helped me publish my book.
• GoOnWrite.com: This is where I get my book covers. They are super-affordable and they look great.
• Scrivener: The best writing tool on the planet for numerous reasons. This program is the best way to write anything period. I have tried them all. This is the one. Scrivener is a powerful content-generation tool for writers that allows you to concentrate on composing and structuring long and difficult documents. While it gives you complete control of the formatting, its focus is on helping you get to the end of that awkward first draft.
• Learn Scrivener Fast: Get the most out of Scrivener. This course is quick, easy, and will make you master Scrivener. It is essential. You will be amazed at all you can do, the time you save, and most importantly the writing you create. A must!
Along Came a Leader: This is my book!