Kelly interviews author, Jim Harmon. Jim has taught high school English, computers, and video production in the Cleveland, Ohio area for 18 years and is co-founder of Through Students' Eyes. He received his B.F.A. in Photojournalism from the Rochester Institute of Technology and his M.Ed. in Computer Uses in Education from Cleveland State University, where he was named a Distinguished Alumnus, 2008. Harmon was an adjunct teacher educator in educational technology at Baldwin Wallace University and Cleveland State University. He currently delivers professional development nationally. You can follow him on Twitter: @jimharmon
Jim has co-authored Through Students' Eyes with Kristien Zenkov. I hope to interview Kristien in a later episode about his amazing impact in education.
In the pre-roll, Kelly offers some great tips on how to determine the best time to buy a new Apple product, he discusses new educational books that he is reading, offers a few shout-outs to supporters of the show, his acceptance to the Worldwide Apple Distinguished Educator Institute in Berlin, Germany and more!
Mentioned in this Podcast:
• Jim's website regarding the Through Students' Eyes Project and book: http://www.throughstudentseyes.org
• A 20% Discount Code for Jim's Book Through Students' Eyes at Rowman and Littlefield Publishing using Code: RLEGEN16
• Jim Harmon's Book: Through Students Eyes Available on Amazon
• Please note: Jim is donating all of his proceeds from this book to a nonprofit foundation to support the Through Students Eyes Project. Awesome!
• Michael Hyatt's book Living Forward
• Play Like a Pirate by Quinn Rollins
• The Innovator's Mindset by George Couros
• Master the Media by Julie Smith
• How Much Water do We Have? by Pete and Kris Nunweiler
• Along Came a Leader by Kelly Croy
You can leave a review of this podcast at: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-wired-educator-podcast/id974270220?mt=2